Tuesday 10 November 2015

Poinsettias & Stars on a Winter Lay-out

Hi Sizzix fans!
Are you looking forward to the winter season or do you miss the summer sunshine already? I definitely prefer summer and am not a big fan of the cold and dark winter days. But there's one thing I do love about winter: the magical snow landscapes that make great pictures. 
Today I would like to show you a Sizzix lay-out I made with one of the snow pictures that I took last year. I used a bunch of beautiful Sizzix dies on my project, inluding the gorgeous Bigz die Tattered Poinsettia and the wonderful Framelits Stars set. 


Sizzix supplies:
Bigz Die Postage Stamp Frame

I matted the photo on a postage stamp frame, which I cut out with the Bigz Die Postage Stamp Frame. I then created a large poinsettia flower in the corner of my photo. I therefore cut out four poinsettias with the Bigz Die Tattered Poinsettia, inked the edges and stapled them on top of each other. 


Alongside the edges of my lay-out, I incorporated two honeycomb patterns, which I cut out with the Frameworks Die Honeycomb. This die is simply perfect for creating nice patterns on your background. I also cut out both large and small stars with the  Framelits Die Set Stars to use in the corners of my lay-out. I adhered small poinsettias on top of the two large stars as well. 


I just love how well the different Sizzix Christmas die match each other and had lots of fun using them on my lay-out. 
I hope you enjoyed my blogpost.
Let's hope there will be some snow again this winter, so we can scrap those nice photos again :)

Happy crafting!

In Dutch:
Hi Sizzix fans!
Zien jullie al uit naar de winter of missen jullie de zomer juist? Ik ben absoluut een zomermens en ben niet bepaald fan van de koude en donkere winterdagen. Maar er is één ding dat ik wel leuk vind aan de winter: de magische sneeuwlandschappen en de mooie foto's die je daarvan kunt maken. 
Vandaag wil ik graag een Sizzix lay-out laten zien waarop ik één van mijn sneeuwfoto's van vorig jaar heb verwerkt. Ik heb daarvoor verschillende Sizzix stansen gebruikt, waaronder de mooie Bigz die Tattered Poinsettia en de gave Framelits Stars set. 

Sizzix stansen:
Bigz Die Postage Stamp Frame

Ik heb de foto gemat op een postzegelvorm, die is uigestanst met de Bigz Die Postage Stamp Frame. Daarna heb ik een grote bloem gemaakt in de hoek van de foto door vier bloemen uit te stansen met de Bigz Die Tattered Poinsettia, Ik heb de blaadjes van de bloemen beïnkt en de bloemen vervolgens op elkaar geplakt. 

Langs de randen van mijn lay-out heb ik twee honingraatpatronen verwewrkt, die ik heb uitgestanst met de Frameworks Die Honeycomb. Dit is zo'n leuke stans  om mooie achtergrondpatroontjes mee te maken. Verder heb ik een aantal kleine en grote sterren uitgesneden met de Framelits Die Set Stars om in de hoeken van mijn lay-out te gebruiken. Op de grote sterren heb ik ook twee kleine uitgestanste bloemetjes geplakt. 

Ik vond het zelf erg leuk om te zien hoe goed de verschillende kerstmallen van Sizzix bij elkaar passen en heb ze met veel plezier gebruikt.
Ik hoop dat jullie mijn blogpost ook leuk vonden.
Laten we hopen dat er dit jaar weer sneeuw valt, zodat we genoeg foto's hebben om te scrappen :)

Veel knutselplezier!

No comments:

Post a Comment