Monday 2 November 2015

LONE STAR MINI QUILT: FINISHED!









Dies used: Diamonds, 2 1/2in (2 3/4in x 6 1/2in Unfinished)
                 Half-Square Triangles, 2 1/2in Finished Square
                 Square, 4in Finished (4 1/2in Unfinished)


Hello again!

There were only a couple of jobs left to do to finish my Lone Star mini quilt. So that it can be hung on the wall easily and lie flat against it, it needed a couple of pockets on the back to fit a baton in. I cut a couple of 4 1/2in squares on my Big Shot Plus, pressed them in half diagonally and basted them in the top two corners on the reverse of the quilt.



The binding was then sewn on and a baton cut to size and fitted into the back pockets.


And then all that was left was to hang it on the wall. It's finished size is approximately 27 1/2in square.



I love the 'rings' of diamonds that make up the star, it is such a striking shape and it really brightens up the room. I want to make a huge one now and cutting all of the diamonds out with my Big Shot will make it SO much easier!

Happy sewing, see you next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment