Sunday 23 August 2015

First Anniversary Card






Each year for wedding anniversaries, people gift each other items made from a different material. For the first year, the gift is paper. One of my friends asked me to make a card for his wife using the newspapers from the day they were married. How romantic is that?!

I started by photocopying pages of the New York Times and The Times newspapers, so I could cut out sections and collage them onto a blank greetings card. They were married in New York so I wanted to try and incorporate some stories from the city in the design.


Once I had completed the collage, I cut out some details using the Sizzix Big Shot Plus to embellish the card.


Here is a list of the items I used to make the newspaper card:

Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (Includes Heart Dies and Scalloped Trim)
Newspapers
Blank Greetings Card
PVA Glue
Red Card Stock
Foam Sticky Pads

I hope you liked this card DIY today. I'm really enjoying using the word dies, they will be great for my Project Life scrapbook layouts. I'll be sure to share some soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment