Saturday 25 July 2015

Inspiring me Quilt : Blocks 10-15




Hi everyone! I come back with more blocks for my Inspiring me Quilt. If you remember I talked to you in this post as my own challenge using just Sizzix Dies!!
My idea is getting 100 blocks!
I have designed six more , some of them with a little of embroidery with DMC floss.

Hope you  like them and enjoy , I´m sure maybe you can sew some project with a block you can find here. 





Ok, here I go with the blocks.
First of all a new one for me and one of the traditional blocks in quilting,
It´s fantastic how quick you  have have these pieces cut and just start to sew!!

You can see a video tutorial at the web.



I came back to hexagons again and I have designed a new block.
Hexagons, 1 1/4" sides ( for fabric )
Hexagons, 1" sides ( for pattern)
For the squares I have used

657626







I cut the fabric with the 2" die and my cardstocks with 
I have try this big hexagon now and I have to say I love this size too.So I ´m sure I will do more things with it!!



This is my first time trying this apple core block. I have to confess I was wishing to have this die at home , especially because this is one of the traditional block that is complicate  to be cut BUT easily with the Big Shot Plus , so you can have a lot of apple cores cut in just some minutes.
Thanks so much to Sizzix who let me to enjoy new and waited blocks!!

You can find a video tutorial at Sizzix web.

I have cut the block assembled  to my size block in a square 8.5"





Here it is my last one , the Drunkard´s path. 
If you love this block as me, you can check my projects  Valentine Square Cushion ,Vane quilt  or even my lovely Drunkard´s Path cushion with pom poms

657168

657169






This is some details of my embroidery.



And here they are all my 15 blocks 




Hope my project inspire you!!
Have a wonderful weekend and see you in two weeks.
Love
Mercedes
.............................................................**********************..........................................................


¡Hola a todo el mundo! Hoy vuelvo de nuevo con algunos bloques más de mi quilt Inspiring me. Si recuerdas, te hablé  en éste artículo  sobre él y cómo está siendo mi propio reto para usar sólo los troqueles de Sizzix.
¡ Mi propósito es conseguir hacer 100 y espero conseguirlo!
He diseñado seis más , algunos de ellos con bordado usando hilo de DMC.
Espero que te guste y que lo disfrutes, estoy segura que a lo mejor te anima a idear algún proyecto con alguno de ellos.
Echa un vistazo a las fotos.
El primero ha sido una  novedad, Robbing Peter to Pay Paul es uno tradicional que quería probar y que he tenido la oportunidad gracias a Sizzix. Es comodísimo cortar de una vez todas las piezas del bloque.
Tengo que mejorar el montaje porque ha sido mi primer bloque pero no dudo que haré más cosas con él.
Pincha en los enlaces de las fotos para ver los troqueles.

Vuelvo a los hexágonos y pruebo por primera vez el troquel grande de 2 pulgadas de lado. Me gusta esta medida. Es cómoda y para hacer los patrones he usado el troquel que ya tenía de  1 ¼ de  pulgada en los lados.

Otro bloque  que he hecho por primera vez ha sido el de Corazón de Manzana , Apple Core,  otro bloque tradicional en un buen tamaño. Le tenía ganas  la verdad. Lo bueno es que puedes cortar un montón de una vez con la Big Shot Plus y no tienes que estar usando patrones o reglas con lo que te ahorras un montón de tiempo. Por cierto en el enlace junto a la foto podrás ver un video tutorial.
Por cierto , éste lo he cortado  en un cuadrado de 8.5” para adaptarlo a las medidas de  mis bloques.


Por último otro bloque que repito, Drunkard´s Path  y que me encanta por la cantidad  de combinaciones que puedes hacer con él.  Si te gusta tanto como a mí puedes ver otros proyectos que he cosido como   Valentine Square Cushion ,Vane quilt   o también  el cojín Drunkard´s Path cushion with pom poms.

En la última foto puedes ver todos los que  ya tengo hechos así como el detalle de los bordados. 
Espero que mi proyecto te inspire  y que tengas un maravilloso fin de semana.
¡Te veo en un par de semanas !

No comments:

Post a Comment