Saturday 27 June 2015

A cute and vintage caravan kitchen cloth



Hi everyone!! Summer is one of my favorite seasons because we usually travel with our caravan.We enjoy a lot outside and  I take time to do what really I love living in touch with nature.
So when I saw the new Sizzix Die by Eileen Hull with an adorable " Travel Trailer" I knew I had to do something , and here it is my project, a kitchen cloth you can use in different ways.






First I chose my scraps and ironed some double side fusible web, cut out the pieces and press on a background fabric ( 8.5").









Then I appliqué with black thread and straight lines. Using  Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished) I  cut out squares and sew in a row. You can use Bigz L Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished) too.
Sew around the square and you get the block finished.








I finished my kitchen cloth with a nice lace around and same stripe fabric for backing.
If you like doing camping you know the fridge is usually  small and many times  it doesn´t fill everything you want. So , frequently I put some fruit on a plate outside. Now I have got a nice cloth to protect from insect!


I hope you like this new project. I´m sure I will sew something more with this cute caravan with a vintage style I love.
Happy summer days and I see you in two weeks
Love
Mercedes




..................................................**************************.............................................................


¡Hola a todo el mundo! El verano es una de mis favoritas estaciones porque solemos salir de camping. Nos encanta disfrutar al aire libre y disfruto mucho para hacer lo que me gusta al aire libre en contacto con la naturaleza.
Cuando vi el  nuevo troquel de Eillen Hull con una adorable caravana ( " Travel Trailer" ), supe que tenía que planear algo con ella. Aquí está este tapete que puede tener distintos usos.
Primero seleccioné todas las piezas  de retales y planché entretela de doble cara por el revés de cada tela. Corté la pieza usando la Big Shot Plus y las planché sobre un fondo de tela , en este caso de rayitas.
Apliqué todas las piezas con hilo negro y un pespunte negro alrededor.Luego corté cuadrados con el troquel   Bigz XL 25" Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished)        los cosí en filas y los coloqué alrededor  formando mi bloque. Si no quieres usar éste tan largo tiene otro con menos cuadrados de igual medidas Bigz L Die - Squares, 2" Finished (2 1/2" Unfinished).

Para terminar sólo añadí una puntilla de algodón    con una tela trasera igual que la que  había usado para el fondo del aplicado.
Si a ti también te gusta hacer camping , sabrás que el frigorífico no es muy grande y que muchas veces debes dejar cosas fuera.  En ocasiones dejo la fruta sobre un plato. Ahora ya tengo algo para cubrirla y evitar a los insectos.
Espero que te haya gustado este proyecto y estoy segura que coseré algo más con este troquel  en un estilo vintage que tango me gusta.
Feliz días de verano y te veo en un par de semanas.
Cariños
Mercedes

2 comments: