Sunday 31 May 2015

Silhouette Bird Canvas







This week I've been experimenting with different materials in the craft studio and discovered a roll of vinyl in my stash. For this DIY you will need the following:

Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit
Thinlits Sweetie Bird Die
Black Vinyl (sticky back)
Black String or Yarn
Hot Glue
Mini Canvas

Using just the main body part of the bird die, I cut out 5 birds in the black vinyl.


I then fixed them to the canvas using the sticky peel sheet on the back of the vinyl. Using a hot glue gun, I glued a line of black yarn underneath the bird's feet to create their 'perch'.


Cute eh? You could definitely create these canvasses with any designs and vinyl colours. Why not try it with card or fabric instead?


I hope you're having a creative weekend. I'll be hosting a craft party in my city to make flower crowns for summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment