Sunday 5 April 2015

An Easter Basket by Gerry van Gent



Hello Sizzix friends!
Happy Easter to all of you!
How many eggs did you eat already :-) ?

I decided to make a last-minute Easter decoration
at home so here I am today sharing the result ...
An Easter basket. 
1
siz
660515 Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit (White & Grey)
Craft Asylum A4 Cardstock Sheets
660473 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Decorative Trim #2
660474 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Decorative Bubbles
*       *      *

large_660515
(blue) Cardstock sheets come from Craft Asylum A4 paper block
which is included in the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit...
*      *      *
"Happy Easter" banner comes from Free Easter Paper Downloads
*      *      *
After die cutting the cute box I cut out the top part i.e. the "lid".
In this way I was able to create my basket.
how 1

After that I die cut the parts I needed for the basket handle...
The white thin chain-like die-cut comes from Decorative Trim #2 die...
how 2

Final result....
how 4

For the 4 sides of the basket I die cut the flourish motif ...
I used simply white cardstock which pops up very well ...
The top edges I decorated with die-cut scallops...
how 3

Now the basket is ready to be decorated and filled in with eggs....
how 5

4

This is one of the beautiful butterflies included in the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit...
5

One of the flowers included in the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Starter Kit...
I adhered in the middle an egg. 
2

The egg itself is decorated with the heart border from Decorative Bubbles.
6

Thank you so much for visiting us today!
Enjoy your Easter Weekend with your loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. Чакам си неделите с нетърпение!
    Много идейна кошничка, Гери! Благодаря за идеята -добре, че все още имам време за приготовления:)

    ReplyDelete