Friday 27 February 2015

dreaming of spring


Hopefully spring is just around the corner, yes I'm hopeful!  So to brighten things up, I figured it was time for an intervention.

The snowdrops are still blooming in my garden, and the crocus have shown themselves, the daffs are making good headway already.  I'm ready for some colour!

So armed with some pretty wool felts from Hantex, a 12" polystyrene ring, a bunch of ribbon, a handful of dies and my Big Shot machine I set to work.



Dies used were:

656520 Flourish, Floral with leaves  for the blue forget me nots

I stitched a small dart into the leaves to give them some structure. 
The Flourish flower I folded in four.  I used my Long Arm pins for the flower centers, The pearl heads were perfect.



I am thrilled with how this turned out, 

And thanks to Angela, I was lucky enough to attend one of her 'make & take' sessions at Stitches trade show, I don't think my spring wreath would have quite so good.


So after this adventure with felt, and a discussion with a colleague, there may be a few wedding decorations in the future too!  I am really excited at the creative possibilities these opened up.


No comments:

Post a Comment