Monday 5 January 2015

Flying Butterflies Home Decor







Happy New Year!

Very exciting things ahead in 2015.

I will start with a project I have been wanting to do for a while.
I love glass jars, domes and bell jars. I also love butterflies so it was a given that I would combine this two loves to create a project to display in my living room.


I used: Sizzix® Thinlits™ Die Set 14PK - Flowers, Intricate by Paula Pascual 659975,
the Big Shot with its magnetic platform; a small glass dome, some  small dry branches from my garden, a glue gun, green and yellow faux moss.


I started by die cutting the butterflies. I die cut the black card with the intricate die, and with the solid butterfly matching die I die cut white card that I sprayed with different colored misters. (Use plain colored card if you wish, it works almost as well.)

Then, I glue them together by just applying glue on the body of the butterfly.


To glue the branches in a vertical position, I used the hot glue gun, making sure that they didn't stick out too much so that they fit inside the glass dome.


To disquise the obvious glue, I place some more glue and sprinkled artificial moss.


Then I placed the butterflies. Again, glued with hot glue gun. Finally I added a sentiment from Basic Grey Fresh Cut collection stickers that I had in my stash.


And there it is...


It didnt take long at all to make and the result it is quite pleasing!


Have a very Happy Crafting New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment