Saturday 24 January 2015

Craft & Hobby Show 2015


Last week, I returned from the Craft & Hobby Show (CHA). This is an annual trade show where manufacturers, press, store owners and designers from all over the world gather to see the newest craft products and tools. It is quite inspiring to experience this show and always fun to meet new and old friends.


The Sizzix booth was busy the whole time! Each designer had a small area where their product was displayed. It is always so exciting to see my artwork transformed from flat art into 3D- it never gets old.

I was so happy to finally be able to share my newest Sizzix collection- Vintage Travel- a collection of fifteen dies inspired by my Paper Trail adventures in Scotty, my vintage camper, in 2014. You can read about the trip on my blog. The dies will be available in April.

Lucky me- my amazing Inspiration Team made awesome samples of the new dies for me to share at CHA. They worked all through the holidays to get the projects done and I am so grateful for the time, energy and incredible talent that they gave to help me. The sample designs were a huge hit at the show because they showcased the versatility of the dies and how you can put your own style on each one. Here's a small sample of their work... there will be more to come as the release approaches.
Here's a quick video I filmed in the booth with Scrapbook.com. While on the Paper Trail, I stopped in and filmed several videos at their warehouse in Arizona, so it was nice to see my friends again at CHA!



Now I am trying to get everything unpacked and cleaned up after the flurry of packing and sample -making before the show. Wish me luck with that!

Sending you all my best wishes for a happy and healthy 2015!

4 comments:

  1. 1. When will your dies be out 2. Will it be posted anywhere how the metal book was made. I asked on the Sizzix site and they didn't have an answer. Love, love LOVE your new collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gela- The Vintage Travel dies will be out in April- so glad you like it! Once the die comes out I will make sure to post a tutorial on how to make the metal book :-) Eileen

      Delete
  2. Your dies are amazing Eileen and it is always a pleasure to work (play) with them! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne- you do such awesome work, I am so glad you have agreed to play with them!

      Delete