Thursday 4 December 2014

Snowflake placemat


It's December - and the Christmas quilt is complete -  not only am I pleased with myself for completing it - I also really like the quilt -
 
and so to these little cuties -
 
 - as you can imagine  the excitement is growing - I think the Christmas tree might have to be put up and decorated this weekend!!!
So now the adrenaline is flowing and maybe just a touch of panic can be felt - how about a really quick easy present to make?
I have 'discovered' this beautiful snowflake die - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660052/sizzix-bigz-l-die-stacked-snowflakes - which cuts fantastic snowflakes -
 
So I have bought some ready made place mats, and a table runner, and with the aid of some fusible web, and my sewing  machine I have embellished the mat in a matter of minutes -
Now if this colour co-ordinated with my china I would be keeping this and not giving it as a gift!
If you can't find the colour you need in ready made then there maybe time to make it all - it depends just how crazy your life is at the moment!!
I love this die so much I'm going to play with some other ways of using it.
We also have another snowflake die that I have used to make some bunting - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/659994/sizzix-bigz-die-snowflakes-3 -

 This is again a very quick make - I fused to layers of fabric together to make it double sided - and then I stitched them together using  machine - stitching down the middle of each snowflake and leaving a space between each one.
Honestly I could just keep using these 2 dies over and over again!!!.
So next week I  hope to have some more quick makes for you to enjoy - until then I think it's an evening with some mulled wine and soft candle light -mmmmm can't wait!!!
Angela



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful quilt and super fun placemats and runner.

    ReplyDelete