Thursday 11 September 2014

Coffee Table challenge!


How are you enjoying our extended summer - I've just sat outside to enjoy the sun whilst having my lunch - I guess there probably won't be too many more days like today so I decided to make the most of it!
Meanwhile back in the workroom -
I've covered the sides of the table with 1" foam - cut into strips 1" deeper than the side - I've notched the foam where it goes around a corner - I used a wide double sided tape to fix the it to the table.
Meanwhile I had extended the strip of patchwork that I had started last week so that it was a bit longer that the circumference of the table (just as a reminder I used the 10" Dresden plate die http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/660120/sizzix-bigz-xl-die-10-dresden-plate with my Big Shot http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657900/sizzix-big-shot-machine-only-powder-blue-teal)
 
I turned the table right way up and stretched the fabric up over the foam and onto the inside edge of the coffee table side and stapled in place - it is a little tricky and you may need an extra pair of hands to get started - 

and the corners are sort of pleated together like this -

and so it looks like this -
 
I'm going to try taping the staples in further with a small hammer later - for today this is what it looks like -
 
Next week I'm going to cover the buttons and make the padded top - that should be a lot easier than all this stapling - so until next week - enjoy the extended summer.


 
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment