Monday 29 September 2014

Blackboard Elements Frame






I have been wanting to do this idea for a while, but I couldn't find the right product. Then, on a lazy Sunday in Brighton I found the decal blackboard material in a kitchen supplies shop and then I realized I didn't look for the right words! Blackboard Vinyl thats what I should have looked for!


Anyway, I found it as well as some coloured chalk, a deep IKEA frame and with two of my new dies sets, the Sizzix® Framelits™ Fancy Cards 659967 and Oval Cards 659968.

The Fancy and Oval cards are designed to fit pocket scrapbook protectors as they are just under 3 x 4" but they are useful for so many different things, like this project.


The vinyl is thin enough to die cut with Framelits as it is just about a card thickness wise. I die cut two of the largest ones and two of the smaller ones (no smallest). I cut some stripy paper to the same measure of the frame, which is 9 x 9".


Because of the vinyl nature, they are re positionable so don't worry to much at putting them exactly perfect. I placed the glass so it's all the way back which will leave me an edge to place the chalk.


And there you have it. A quick and simple project!

1 comment: