Monday 21 April 2014

A masculine card made with the die cut flowers?



Often I hear crafters struggle for ideas to create cards for men. I am lucky that the men in my life like simple designs a style which comes natural to me. However, I do believe that there are a few things that men will like, mainly that the card is not feminine and that is mostly achieve by colours and embellishments rather than shapes.

I loved this paper collection by Prima called Cartographer.


I die cut the two rectangles using the Rectangles 2 Framelits which is a perfect A6 size and it frames from there downwardly so its perfect to create mats and layers. 
The label I die cut using the larger label Framelit die from the Big Shot Starter Kit.


I stamped the sentiment on to the patterned paper and die cut using the smaller label from the Big Shot Starter Kit.


Then I die cut the flowers using the Big Shot Starter Kit framelit flower and the one included in the Sizzlit. I shaped them using the Susan's Garden Tool kit - which is excellent and really well put together.

I finished the card by adding some Finnabair Prima metal embellishments and self adhesive black pearls.


I hope at least some men will like this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment