Monday 10 March 2014

rapture



Hello again and happy monday!

I've had a busy week, I have a new job so I'm now working away in an office 3 days of the week, and last week I was filming for Quilt Monkey so I didn't get a lot of time for sewing.

Fortunately I found a couple of hours to finish off a quilt top I'd been working on for a couple of weeks. I used the Big Shot to cut out a gazillion squares for this (I used 3.5" squares) and I had the design mapped out on graph paper - which was a little confusing at times because my colour chart didn't match my fabrics...the seam ripper and me got friendly on a few occasions which is pretty normal for me, I must admit.

Here's a sneaky peek of my quilt, I can't give too much away as it'll be in a magazine later this summer.

The fabrics I used are all by Pat Bravo for Art Gallery Fabrics. I love this line (which is called Rapture), it's so pretty and delicate and subtle, you can check out the look book for the line by clicking here (& you can find UK stockists via Hantex, the UK distributors).


No I need to piece a backing and prepare the binding and it'll be ready to quilt!
I hope you have a lovely week with plenty of time to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment