Thursday 27 February 2014

Oh Sew Sweet.....



Now I can reveal that it was my grand daughter Eve's 5th birthday on Tuesday and the fabrics were part of her birthday present -

and here she is checking out the fabrics - I also added a selection of cotton threads for her to use - we now just need to make a date to make the cushion - photos to follow.

 On Wednesday I had a lovely drive from the office to visit the Oh Sew Sweet Shop in Mapplewell, nr Barnsley.
I had a beautiful drive across with sun shining across the moor, and then a delightful  afternoon at the shop.
I was there to demonstrate the Big Shot and Bigz dies and met some lovely of Lorrayne's lovely customers -

I really enjoy introducing customers to the benefits of using the machine and dies - speed, precision cutting being 2 of them.
Here is Lorrayne - busy cutting fabrics for me at the end of the day - because of course it would be rude to visit a shop and not buy any fabric wouldn't it -

and here is a glimpse of some of her lovely fabrics -
The shop is a delight, and with the added bonus of a sweet counter by the door - where you can buy your old favourites!
I managed to justify a small selection of fabric -

 to make quillows for grandchildren - I know I have plenty of fabric at home, but these I will have 5 quillows made, one for each grandchild, ready for Easter - watch this space to see if I manage it!
Well that's all for now - I'm going to plan the blocks for these fabrics and then go and raid my stash for fabrics for the other 3 quillows.
Have fun sewing.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment