Thursday 20 February 2014

Beyond Stitches



As you may already know the Sizzix team have been at the Stitches trade show, and before that in Frankfurt for Paperworld trade show - which has meant literally months of preparation and planning of projects - and now we can start afresh with lots of exciting new projects.
The stand at Stitches looked absolutely amazing - and Debi Potter created a stunning central display - using a variety of dies and lots of different materials - all in shades of white. If you haven't seen it yet take a look at Debi's blog.
At the show we met lots of lovely customers, new and old, and although it was hard work -(talking all day!) it was really enjoyable.
As you can imagine I haven't had much time to create a new project this week - but someone very special has a birthday next week so I thought I would put a kit together so that she can make a cushion using her new sewing machine ( after the birthday I will reveal more details and hopefully the finished item)
I've used the Big Shot and die 656335 - primitive hearts (http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/656335/sizzix-bigz-die-hearts-primitive)
to pre-cut some hearts.
The patterned fabrics are from the Woodland Walk range by Fabric Freedom, and the pink fabrics are from my stash.
I think I may buy some coloured ribbons too and she can create to her hearts content - I can't wait to give this gift.
Now I'm going to make a cup of tea and plan a project for my next workshops at Sewing for Pleasure in March.
Until next time - keep sewing.
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment