Friday 6 December 2013

Last moment for Christmas Cards!


Hi, I hope you are ok!
December is a very busy but also very enjoyable time: we think more about our family and friends, plan Christmas Day, shop a lot and cook traditional dishes. December is also the most busy time for postmen - this is the month where we send the most greeting cards and gifts!
If you plan to send your handmade cards it is high time - so maybe a couple of ideas will be useful for you?


On the card below I used both my favorite doilies (Thinlits), some Prima flowers and Sizzlits from Brenda Walton. I wanted to create more opaque, matte look so instead of looking for patterned papers I painted some of my white cardstock with acrylic paints before cutting my flower elements. The effect was great!



Before gluing I inked the edges of my leaves and flowers with Distress Ink (Ice Spruce). Doily elements as well as the paper roses were sprayed with mists later - when the project was already glued together. It created interesting, watercolor look. I used shades of delicate gold, silver and cold blue.



Finishing touches were made with adding some metal elements - Prima Mechanicals and a bit of Liquid Pearls from Ranger. 

Here is full list of dies used for this project:

- 658731 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery 
- 658735 - Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Winter Florals 
- 659117 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Springtime 
- 658947 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Doily & Doily Border 

I wish you all a great, creative week!
Happy December!
Finn

1 comment: