Saturday 28 December 2013

Fridge Magnets







I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Some of us (looking at you mr super talented Pete Hughes - happy belated birthday!) also celebrate our birthdays on Christmas Day, so it is even more special. I have spent these days with the family and I must admit they have been rather eventful in a good way, except for a tooth issue. A tale for another day!

Anyway, today I am sharing one project I have done as a Christmas present for my nephew Laith, who is 18 months old. I wanted him to have number magnets on his fridge Nd instead of buying them I made them myself using the Numbers Bigz die from the serif essentials collection.







I first die cut them three times using mount board (the stuff to frame pictures, but any really thick card will do too). Then I used strong magnetic sheet.




I glue all three die cuts of the same number together and peel off the back and attached to the mount board numbers.

Then I proceed to paint them using good acrylic paints like Paperarsty Fresco.



Once dry I clean the excess acrylic paint on the magnetic back, coat them with a clear non toxic child friendly varnish, and voila, they were done!





PS Laith loves them!


No comments:

Post a Comment