Wednesday 25 December 2013

Christmas Leftovers (Part 3)


First of all, Merry Christmas! I will be up to my neck in Turkey with all the trimmings by the time this blog appears as I am Lord and master in the kitchen on Christmas day (and every other day come to think of it!)

I always love to hear tales of how early we crafter's make our Christmas cards so I thought I'd start on today for next year, how's that for early?

Here is the last in my series of freestyle collage cards, I must warn you it's a very addictive style of working and one I can see myself revisiting over and over again in the new year.

The die I chose to use was designed by the fabulous Brenda Walton and is a Sizzlit die called Holiday Icons which contains four classic shapes including the dove and star which I have used here. I also used a Thinlits doily from  the Love Story set

I die cut the dove and star from white card before using my finger tip to apply some pale blue paint to the dove and delicately inking the edge with 'Old Paper' Distress ink, once dry I applied Glossy accents. I applied PVA to the star and sprinkled with glitter before leaving both die cuts to dry.


Next, I die cut part of the doily before inking and distressing the edges with a fine sanding block and applied it to the base card alongside a couple of scraps of paper and the 'Merry definition' which I created on my PC before printing onto graph paper, trimming to size and inking the edges. I also added a silver eyelet and applied a stamped image using the 'Old Paper' distress ink to give a very delicate and subtle effect.


All that was left to do was attach the various elements Including the plastic 'star' button and key brad along with a smattering of adhesive pearls and gems. I do hope you have enjoyed this little series of cards as much as I have enjoyed making them?

Finally I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my fellow Christmas Day babies; please stand up Design genius Paula Pascual, Steve Potter carpenter extraodinaire who creates all our trade show stands and Silva Brodar, my good friend from Slovenia ( if you are ever lucky enough to find yourself in Ljubljana, pop into the Rayher store, you wont be disappointed)


















2 comments:

  1. I love freestyle collage! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindy, it is a fun style to work in, I love making it up as I go along, it's quite liberating!

    ReplyDelete