Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas Leftovers (Part 2)



Here we are again, the gift that keeps on giving! more bits and bobs from the box marked 'I don't know what to do with that scrap of paper (button, ribbon scrap, trinket, die cut etc) right now but I'm sure it will come in handy someday!'

I do love the freestyle collage style which I must admit I find quite difficult but it does get easier once you start to get your head around it. I had so much fun last week that I made 3 cards at once so I hope you don't mind if I spread them out a bit?

This card again features a die from Paula's Winter Moments range, namely the Winter Elements decorative strip which is another one of those super-useful dies which you will be reaching for time and time again. The sheet music comes from Tim Holtz' 8 x 8 seasonal paper stash pad.

I started by scrunching up scraps of black and white card before using them to die cut the two snowflakes. The white snowflake was distressed using pale blue paint applied with my fingertip and the black snowflake was gently rubbed with silver gilding wax.


I trimmed the music score and scrunched the edges before lightly distressing with a sanding pad I also cut out the' peace definition' which I created using my PC and printed onto graph paper. I attached both to a white base card alongside a strip of blue patterned card.



I picked out a scrap of  pink ribbon and threaded it through a jewelled buckle before attaching the snowflakes with assorted brads. Finally, a few tiny 2mm pearls around the grey snowflake and I'm all done.



Next week (Christmas Day) Part 3!








No comments:

Post a Comment