Friday 8 November 2013

Colors and layers - pure fun!


Hi,I hope you had a great week :)
I had - not often you have a chance to visit Sizzix headquarters  meet your friends from the blog and have a peek into the heart of the company, right? How lucky I am! I love my job and this opportunity to travel and experience so much.
Talking about experience - today I have something I made inspired by my recent visit to Avoca Woolen Mills in County Wicklow, Ireland. This place is full of breathtaking colors, patterns, textures... just have a look!






You can read more about this place and my project idea in one of the posts on my blog - here. You will see there I got inspired by yarn, blanket pattern and color scheme - and echos of this fascination you can see on my layout below:

The color palette is based on 4 colors of Distress Inks: Broken China, Brushed Corduroy, Shabby Shutters and Picked Raspberry and the composition is a multi-layered, artsy project based on using white cardstcock, Prima Elementals Canvas Resist Sheet and lace leftovers from my table! The easiest ideas are usually the best!



You can see a lot of Sizzix cut-outs here too - it's a selection of my favorite Thinlits, Sizzlits and Bigz Dies: 
- 658720 - Sizzix Bigz Die - Ornate Frame
- 658502 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Flower, Daisy
- 659117 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Springtime


All these elements together create eye-catching, fresh looking composition  - great both on layout and greeting card.   You simply can't go wrong! Finishing the layout with stamping and a bit of pencil doodling was fast and enjoyable. And...can you see this hot pink yarn? Mindblowing!

I wish you all a great creative week - see you soon!
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment