Friday 18 October 2013

Winter is Coming - Dimensional Greeting Card


Hi, I hope you have a great day!
Well, it's me again and I'm here today to continue the series of winter-inspired projects. You could see my winter gift bag few weeks ago - and today I'm back with multi-layered, dimensional winter card:) I hope you are ready for a bit of snow and frost!



As you can see there are many layers - as on most of my projects. I might be slightly obsessed with details and layers, but on the other hand - why fight with my nature? 
I had good time composing layers of paper, lace pieces, Sizzix cut-ut elements and Prima Mechanicals - and I'm quite happy about this effect!

As you can see  there is tour of gesso and Rock Candy Stickles by Tim Holtz and Liquid Pearls on it too - it was my plan to get this "frosted" cold look - and I hope I suceed!




There are 3 Sizzix Sizzlits dies used for this project:
- Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Medallions (658339)
- Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Winter Florals (658735)
- Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Vintage Doily (658506)

 The pieces of Winter Florals Decorative Strip Die were used in 3 different places: 2 pieces as "leaves" under the main composition and one of the bigger flowers with some leaves under the paper rosette. I love cutting elements into smaller parts and constructing new shapes, layers - get unique, interesting look!


I'm happy to see my paper collection - 9th Wave from 7 Dots Studio is versatile enough that it can be used also for winter projects too! I hope you like the final effect too!
Sending best wishes - see you soon!
Finn



No comments:

Post a Comment