Saturday 26 October 2013

Snowflakes on Acetate Card

I love floating snowflakes, the best way to achieve that look on a card is by using acetate. However acetate is tricky. Here you have a simple idea on how to do it properly.

First problem is how to attach things on to acetate. The best way is to use dry adhesives - double side tape, sticky dots...


The second problem is the lack of white card to write the message on. Solution, a die cut - I used the Fancy Banners Framelit set - in the inside and outside of the back. This will offer you a white card on the back of the card to write your message. By putting another die cut on the inside, it means that the adhesive is completely covered as well.




To create the snowflakes I first stamped five using the Snowflakes 2. I used ultra smooth card and Versafine Deep Lagoon ink.


 Once I die cut them with the matching Framelit die, I joined them with a tiny drop of white glue. Then on the back, I attached a glue dot.


Once attached to the acetate card front, of course the glue dot shows from the inside. Not to worry, I just die cut the centers  - this set comes with dies for each snowflake center - and attached them with glue dots to the inside of the card to cover them up perfectly.


To add the message, I stamped it using some of my personal clear stamps and then die cut it using one of the Tags for Sentiments Framelit set.


Simple, but I think it is rather effective!
I hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment