Sunday 29 September 2013

Two projects by Gerry van Gent


Happy Sunday everyone!
Today I have two projects to share with you.
My first project is an altered item where I used a silhouette photo
of my daughter I "placed" in her dreams.
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
658449 Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Album, Garden Gate
658530 Sizzix Bigz Die Mariposa
658260 Sizzix Bigz Die Christmas Cardinal
657492 Sizzix Bigz Die Tattered Pinecone
657176 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Typeset Alphabet
657773 Sizzix Framelits Die Set w/Stamps Butterflies #3
657469 Sizzix Bigz Die Holiday Lamppost

I created the fence by die cutting Garden Gate twice from corrugated cardstock
and pattern paper.  I didn`t use the whole gates but part of them.
Then I distressed with ink and decorated with embellishment.


Behind the photo I adhered Mariposa butterfly.
For the tutorial how I created the butterfly with lace please
refer to one of my older blog posts (Father's Day Tag; 9 June, 2013)

Other Products I used:
Prima Marketing pattern papers
Prima Marketing flowers
Prima/Ingvild Bolme embellishments
Prima/Ingvild Bolme Chalk edgers 
Lets Get Beeze MDF wall clock

*  *  *
My second project today is a card where I handmade the flowers & leaves
by using the beautiful Dogwood Flower dies.
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
658405 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Flower, Dogwood
658367 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set - Butterflies
657906 Sizzix Framelits Die Set Frame, Snowflake
656634 Sizzix Bigz Die Caged Bird
658948 Sizzix Thinlits Die Frame, Rectangle
657789 Sizzix Sizzlits Die Set Love Set
657007 Sizzix Movers & Shapers Accessory Base Tray, L


The Dogwood flowers were made of pattern paper. 
For the centres I mixed Transparent and Yellow liquid drops.
The leaves were die cut from white crepe paper. After that painted and 
shaped while they were still wet. Then I added transparent liquid drops.

I hope you enjoyed my projects today!
Have a creative day!
Gerry

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning concept and final result with your daughter so cleverly placed in amongst it. It's an heirloom piece.
    The card is great too - so many layers and so pretty yet rustic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerry- your projects are beautiful- love what you did with the gate!

    ReplyDelete