Thursday 5 September 2013

Return to an old favourite



I have to admit I just don't quite know where the last week has gone - and still no real sign of grandchild 5 arriving - well one false alarm! and a sleepless night on a sofa!!
So I thought I'd re-visit one of my favourite blocks because is it so simple and can be varied so much just by the use of different colours. Obviously it's made even faster by using the Big Shot and Bigz Dies - just 2 dies 657607 (2" finished square) and 657605 (4" x 2" rectangle).
You join the rectangles to each side of the square to make a square in a box.
It really is very easy, in the featured quilt I've used Japanese fabrics in browns and taupe's - but you could make it in crazy vibrant colours for a teenager or pretty pastels for a baby - the choice is yours.
Of course you could make a large quilt even more quickly by using larger shapes - you could partner 657608 (3" square) with657625 (6" x 3" rectangle) or go bigger still with 657609( 4" square) and 658113 (8" x 4" rectangle).
This would mean that you really could make someone special a quilt by Christmas!
Have fun sewing this week, and I hope to have news of the anticipated grandchild next week.
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment