Thursday 26 September 2013

Easy does it!


I have just returned from Norway where I was demonstrating at one of the most magnificent stores I have ever been in namely, Bikuben in Lillestrom, The people who I met were all lovely and Egil and Ellen were fantastic hosts and great company too. Wherever I go in Europe with all it's cultural diversity I'm happy to report that crafters everywhere are all alike thanks to their shared passion.

I am stepping back from the brink this week. My last few posts have been really complex and grungy with tons of inks, powders and other fun mucky stuff thrown into the mix. It's time for a little detox so this week I've stripped things right back.

These cards were made for a couple of Create and Craft shows next Monday (30th September at 2pm and 7pm) and they feature one of my all time favourite Decorative Strip alphabets and a few Framelits for good measure.


The dies used are:

  • Sizzlits Decorative Strip - Alphabetical by Tim Holtz (657482)
  • Sizzix Framelits Set 6PK - Hearts (657561)
  • Sizzix Framelits Die Set 8PK - Circles#2 (658604)
  • Sizzix Framelits Set 5PK - Stars (657567)


First of all I chose my three main colours and white, having top quality cardstock makes all the difference, I always use Inspire Me Papers for this kind of thing. The main shapes I cut with my Framelits, the letters with the alphabet die. After die cutting the balloon shape, I would cut a triangle from the same card and attach at the base of the shape with PVA. 



Next I would cut a thin strip of yellow card and curl it around a pencil or paintbrush before attaching to the end of the balloon. Next I would measure the base card and its white background before rounding off some or all of the corners with a corner punch.



Finally, mount all the elements together using 3D foam pads and there you have it. 





1 comment: