Friday 6 September 2013

Art Journaling with Thinlits - vintage love...


Hi, I hope you had a great week!
Today I'm sharing one on the journal pages which is a part of my creative project inspired by my old family photos. From time to time I open the book I bought in the charity shop and add one or 2 pages inside... and because I use the photos of my beloved ones the book turns into a precious keepsake that I'd love to keep on my shelf forever.

The pages below are about my dad, Chris - I think he was about 30 when this photo was taken.

The pages are mostly created from leftovers and found papers - I love to create this way, including pieces I have somewhere in my stash. One of the most important parts of the composition was the Echo Park Paper skeleton flower cut-out from the white cardstock: Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Springtime (659117).
 I love the beautiful pattern it made, I was so inspired by it I started co color the inside of the cut-out with a pencil to make it even more visible!


Of course - The color comes from homemade tea stain and sprays (Luminarte Primary Elements with water), there is a bit of gesso  and some 3D Foams by Scrapbook Adhesives - this time used as embellishments ;) As finishing touches I used some metal elements including two of the Vintage Centers (my Mechanicals by Prima), paper clips, buttons and staples. The checked fabric is one of the Canvas Resist Sheets (my Elementals by Prima) and stamps are a choice of background patterns from my Prima Vintage Vanity collection. 
Huge hugs from the Emerald Island and see you soon!
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment