Thursday 25 July 2013

Not extinct after all!!!



 
 

This is one of our newest dies - from the Cuddly Creatures range. Look them up on our web site - Sizzix.co.uk.
I decided to make put the dinosaur on a canvas frame to decorate a little boy's room, and it is such a quick project - choose two fabrics about 8" x 6" and iron fusible web to the wrong side of each piece.
Using Sizzix Bigz Die 658637 place one fabric over the dinosaur body and the other over the legs and arms ( cut 2 complete dinosaurs at once), and roll through the Big Shot machine to cut the fabric, 
Remove any paper backing from the shapes and position on the background fabric - make sure to place one leg and arm behind the body.
Iron the pieces in place and zig-zag stitch in place.
I then created the eye with 2 bullion stitches, because I couldn't find a button that I liked.
I then stretched the fabric over the canvas, stapling the fabric to the back of the frame.
I then glued a piece of felt over the back and it's ready to hand on a wall or stand on a little easel.
This only took about an hour to make so it's an ideal gift for a new baby or a quick birthday gift for a toddler.
I hope you like it, and of course you could do the same with any of the Cuddly Creatures range - so have fun sewing.
It's now only 2 weeks until Festival of Quilts in Birmingham, and I hope that many of you will call by and see me on C43 where I will be running short workshops each day of the show.
See you soon.
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment