Thursday 6 June 2013

Prima Blog Switch - Day 4



Hello, I'm Cari and I'm here to show you my project as part of the Sizzix/Prima blog switch!

This home decor project was so fun create! I used a Prima 12 x 12 frame and embellished it with flowers, leaves and more! I colored the wood frame using Prima chalk edgers for added color to coordinate with the embellishments. I cut out all of the images from patterned paper, inked the edges of the paper cut outs and embellished with an assortment of Prima flowers. The paper flowers were so easy to create from the Sizzix dies and I just love the dimension that it added to my clusters.  I painted the background inside the frame with black gesso to create my own custom chalkboard. This will be great a great addition in my home for personal reminders and messages!
  


Tips/techniques: Ink all of the die cut images to add depth to the cut outs. It really does add to the dimensional aspect of the flowers and leaves. Using patterned papers adds instant texture and mix of fun colors to enhance your design. Adding buttons and special centers to the paper flowers finish them off perfectly for an elegant look! 




Prima Products:
567088-Joulee Flowers-Quartz
950682-12x12 Art Journal Paper Pad
551629-Alla Prima Resist Canvas
550783-Vintage Buttons
550776-Vintage Buttons
565732-Frost Flowers-Allure
565787-Frost-Frappe
562885-Alphabet
891701-Chalk Edger-Pastel Green
891695-Chalk Edger-Pastel Blue

Sizzix Dies:


You can visit my personal blog at http://meandmymaryjanes.blogspot.com/ and don't forget to visit the Prima blog tomorrow for our final day of the switch.

1 comment: