Thursday 27 June 2013

Morocco mini book



Hello,

Today let me show you a summer and oriental album that I will teach in workshops during this first semester! Colour, textures and embossing!

Supply list:

Papers: Glitz Design
Alphabets: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Stickers: Jenni Bowlin Studio
Wood accents: Pause Créative, Sodalicious
Black Versafine ink
Adirondack inks: Watermelon, Sunshine Yellow
Others: Tags, cord

Here are the references for my pretty hexagons embossing folder, a very trendy pattern nowadays, and of my Bohemia embossing folder which is just perfect for the theme of my album: Morocco.

657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
657814 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 2PK/Free Spirit Floral Set
657817 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 2PK/Moroccan Daydreams Set

I used two Sizzix dies on my page that really were the main thread of my album and my source of inspiration!

Let’s start with embossing my white paper with the help of my Big Shot. Then I added colours to my background with a cut’n dry piece and my favourite inks (pink & yellow Adirondack).

I cut out each hexagon pattern, even the incomplete pieces, and I partially rebuilt the whole pattern on my background. The edges are underlined with a thin-tipped black pen to make the whole pattern stand out.

The rendering is cool, isn’t it? It brings volume and contrast to my creation which now is one of my favourite!

I used the same technique for the second folder. The patterns will be used along my pictures.







I hope that with this album you will feel like taking out your summer pictures and working on the embossing technique!

Have a nice day

Karine

Bonjour,

Aujourd'hui je vous présente un mini album estival et oriental que je donnerai en atelier au cours des 6 premiers mois ! De la couleur, des textures et de l'embossage !

Matériel :

Papiers : Glitz Design
Alphabets : Jenni Bowlin Studio
Autocollants : Jenni Bowlin Studio
Embellissements en bois : Pause Créative, Sodalicious
Encre Versafine noire
Encre Adirondack : Watermelon, Sunshine Yellow
Divers : Tags, cordelette

Voici les références de ma jolie plaque à embosser hexagones, un motif résolument tendance en ce moment et ma plaque à embosser Bohémia juste parfaite pour un album marocain.

657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
657814 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 2PK/Free Spirit Floral Set
657817 Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 2PK/Moroccan Daydreams Set

J'ai utilisé deux dies Sizzix sur ma page mais je dois dire qu'ils ont été le fin conducteur de mon mini et réellement ma source d'inspiration !

J'ai commencé par embosser mon papier blanc à l'aide de ma big shot, puis avec mes encres préférées (Adirondack jaune et rose ) j'ai coloré mon fond à l'aide d'un morceau de cut' n dry.

J'ai ensuite découpé chaque hexagone, même les morceaux coupés et j'ai reconstitué partiellement mon motif sur mon fond de page. L'extérieur est souligné grâce à un stylo noir fin qui permet de faire ressortir l'ensemble.

L'effet est très sympa, vous ne trouvez pas ? Il apporte relief et contraste à ma création qui fait partie à ce jour de mes pages préférées !

La seconde plaque est travaillée selon la même technique, elle est envisagée en continuité de mes photos.

J'espère que ce mini vous donnera envie de ressortir vos photos estivales et de travailler l'embossage !

Bonne journée


Karine

1 comment: