Saturday 2 March 2013

Gift Card Wallet



Here's a project using my new Gift Card Folder die. It is a ScoreBoard die so it's designed to cut and score thick material like matboard. But I thought I would experiment a little with a piece of vinyl I found in the remnant bin at a fabric store- a beautiful turquoise color. It was fairly thick but not rigid, so I backed the vinyl with some heavy cardstock to stabilize it.

This would hold a gift card, notepad, business cards or credit cards. Even if there is nothing in it, it makes a nice gift. This is a quick and inexpensive project that looks like a million bucks!

Supplies:

Sizzix Big Shot (655268)
Sizzix ScoreBoards L Die- Gift Card Folder & Label (658054)
Cutting Pad, Extended (655267)
vinyl

cardstock- Jillibean Soup 
sewing machine
spray adhesive

Instructions:

  1. Trim vinyl material and a piece of card stock to size- about 5" x 7". Adhere wrong sides together using spray adhesive.
  2. Place vinyl facing die and run through Big Shot. You should see a faint impression of the scoring lines on the vinyl- fold over on score lines.
  3. Fold the flap over centering the label piece on the bottom front of the folder. Mark two holes on either side. Punch two small holes and insert brads into the labels and secure to the folder.   
  4. Sew the seams up the sides of the folder on the sewing machine. (I used white thread because it was in the machine but didn't like how it came out. Luckily, I had a Copic marker that matched the turquoise so I just ran the marker over the thread and it blended right in!)
  5. Embellish as desired. I left mine plain because I am going to carry it in my purse, but you could add ribbon, buttons, flowers, etc. to personalize.





 Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment