Saturday 30 March 2013

Easter Bonnet


I can hardly wait for spring to get here!

Lately I have been really having fun with my 3D flower dies using unexpected materials. See my post on the Sizzix US blog showing how to make a bouquet of coffee filter flowers. You can also see a video of how I created them in my personal blog post here.

There are so many cool things you can make with flowers including home decor items, hair accessories, shoe clips, pins and earrings, napkin rings, embellishments for layouts and cards, and even on clothing.




I decided to make an Easter bonnet- I don't know if that is or ever was a tradition where you live, but I remember as a kid getting all dressed up for Easter and that definitely included a hat. I found this nice felt one for $4 in a thrift shop.

Supplies:

657119  Sizzix Bigz Die - Leaves
657114  Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers #9
657721  Sizzix Bigz Die - Borders & Hydrangeas
657115  Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower, 3-D Fringed
657118  Sizzix Bigz Die - Flowers, 3-D #2

658053  Sizzix Bigz Die - Flower Layers w/Heart Petals


glue gun, ribbon, hat, brads, materials to cut

  1. Die cut flowers and leaves from different materials including paper bag, sewing pattern, coffee filters, crepe paper, cardstock, tissue paper, netting, watercolor paper and fabric in coordinating colors.
  2. Combine parts from different dies and assemble, creating custom flowers. Color flowers using inks, stamps, paint, mists, pastels, and markers. Assemble with brads 
  3. Run a ribbon around the crown of the hat and glue into position.
  4. Place into position on the hat and use glue gun to adhere flowers when your arrangement is just right.
Best wishes for a Happy Easter!  

No comments:

Post a Comment