Wednesday 27 February 2013



It seems like we're going back to winter at the moment - even though we are at the end of February, and because the month seems to have gone by so quickly I thought I'd make Churn Dash my block this week!
Before I get to the block I thought you might like a bit more information about the quilt I'm making - I have decided it will have 20 blocks and will have sashing between the blocks and one border.
I also decided that I would add some white fabric to the mix so that there is more variation.
I have started with about 1/2metre of most of the fabrics but more of the one that I will use for the sashing and border ( I hope this extra information is helpful), but of course you could always make each block with different colours.
For this block I used the Big Shot and the following dies - 657605 - 4" x 2" rectangle, 657609 - 4" square and, 657611 - 2" 1/2 square triangle.
I used yellow fabric for 1 square and 4 triangles, and pale jade for the central square and 4 triangles.
To start I joined the triangles to make the corners of the block
 

 

The corners are then added to two rectangles


and then add two rectangles to opposites sides of the square.
 
Join the 3 sets of pieces together.
 
And this completes the block.
 
Simple,
I'll be with you again in March, have a lovely week.
Angela


 

No comments:

Post a Comment