Saturday 16 February 2013

Fresh Flowers



More flowers? But, of course! Today a card and chart. I will begin by explaining how and why I made this card. 



I started by die cutting my mat and layering. I love that with the new Rectangles 2 I dont have to do any measuring for any A6 mat and layering. the smallest is die cut with white card. Then I positioned the larger intricate flower from the Intricate Flowers set on the white piece and secure it with low tack tape.  I also die cut the branches from the Bunch of Flowers and trim off two branches and the bottom.


The reason why I used this one to die an aperture is because is a Thinlit which means that is a solide die therefore does not leave a residual embossing on the negative. The framelit, or hollow die, does leave a residual around the negative area.

I then I just die cut some more floers from both Bunch of Flowers and Intricate Flowers and assemble it all together.

Of course, you will have noticed that flower shapes are the same through out the sets of flowers, Bunch of Flowers and Flower Vases or Intricate Flowers. Well, only shape is repeated not size, even if you had all three sets you would not have any one flower in a size repeated.


I like to combine different sizes of flowers to create different effects  - as in the card above -so I thought I would make three sets full of flowers so that depending on size preference one can choose one or the other.

Each set comes with different shapes but all in two sizes each: Flower Vases in 3/8" and 3/4"; Bunch of Flowers 1" and 1 1/4" and Intricate in 1 1/2" 1 3/4" (all sizes approx.).

To illustrate it I made this little chart so that you can see the sizes of each set, it is a scan of a real size printed chart and die cut flowers.


I hope this little tutorial has been helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment