Monday 11 February 2013

Bookmark or Valentine's Day card?



Since I saw this set of banners by Paula Pascual I thought it would be ideal to make a bookmark, so as soon as I got my hands on it I got down to work.


Supply list:



The process is very simple: First I folded in half a sheet of pattern paper  and die cut the bigger banner  but without die cutting the fold of the paper.  Then I die cut a couple of the smaller sizes in other pattern papers  and glued one above the other.

As my main ornament I die cut a red heart to symbolize the love of reading and to give it some depth I inked the edges with red distress ink. I placed it  in the middle of the bookmark and I added a false stitching on all layers of paper to frame them and give them more relevance.

And finally stamped a phrase from Ali Edwards on a strip of paper, glued it  over the heart and put a couple of rhinestones to decorate.



You can see how quick and simple is this bookmark made with these dies, or if you prefer, you can also use it as a last minute Valentine's Day card.



Happy Monday!

.........................................................

Desde que vi este set de banderolas de Paula Pascual pensé que serían ideales para hacer un punto de libro, así que en cuanto los tuve en mis manos me puse manos a la obra.


Supply list:


El procedimiento es muy sencillo: Primero doblé una hoja de papel decorado por la mitad y la troquelé usando el banner más grande pero sin llegar a troquelar el doblez del papel, de manera que quede como un a tarjeta y después troquelé un par de tamaños más en otros papeles decorados y los pequé unos encima de otros.

Como adorno principal troquelé un corazón rojo para simbolizar el amor por la lectura y para darle un poco de relieve le entinté los bordes con tinta distress roja. Una vez pegado en el centro del punto de libro añadí un falso cosido en todas las capas de papel para enmarcarlas y darles más importancia.

Y ya por último estampé una frase de Ali Edwards en una tira de papel, la pegué encima del corazón y le puse un par de brillantitos para adornarla.

Ya veis que rápido y sencillo es este punto de libro hecho con estos troqueles, o si lo preferís, también se puede utilizar como una tarjeta de San Valentín de última hora.

¡Feliz lunes!


No comments:

Post a Comment