Wednesday 5 December 2012

Cute Snowman Card






Happy Wednesday everyone,

Are you all getting busy with making Christmas cards? This week I wanted to show you a simple card I made using the cute ‘Snowman’ Framelits die set with stamps. With this kit you can make great cards simply and easily!



Here’s a list of materials I used:

Using the Framelits die set is easy: First I stamped the images on standard white cardstock. Then I placed the dies on the stamped images and run through BigShot. Snowman pieces perfectly cut in no time at all!




The only task left was to assemble the snowman: I took a small rectangle piece of white cardstock and glued down the snowman body and arms. Then I decorated the hat with red embroidery yarn and colored the hat embellishment. I wanted to add some dimension to my figure so I attached the hat and scarf (die-cut from red cardstock) with 3D foam stickers. I finished the front panel with adhering it on dark blue cardstock, leaving a thin border around the edges.

The background was embossed using the Snowflake embossing folder. I highlighted the embossed image by gently rubbing the surface with blue ink and then glued it on the blank cardstock. I adhered the background on card base leaving a thin border around the edges

The sentiment was stamped with embossing ink on white cardstock and finished with embossing powder melted on the tag. I did not use the matching die as I thought the image was too big for this card. Instead I placed a simple round die on the sentiment and die-cut it with Big Shot. Yes, mixing the elements of different sets is allowed!

I finished the card with die-cutting a decorative frame of light blue canvas and attaching it under the snowman front panel. I glued down the snowman panel, embellished with blue ribbon and attached the round sentiment label on the card with 3D foam stickers. I thought the card was still missing something so I glued three small beads on the card front. Done!



I hope you all enjoy this festive paper crafting high-season as much as I do :)

Have a nice week!
Love,
 



No comments:

Post a Comment