Sunday 30 September 2012

Everyday: masking stamping



Just because the Everyday sets come with stamps and dies doesn't mean that we always have to use them both for a project. However, the fact that they work together offers so many different possibilities like makes easy a good old stamping technique called masking.


Start by die cutting the Scalloped Flowers using sticky notes or Stix2 Masking sheet.

Stamp the first flower, this one will be in the forefront, so choose wisely! Then place cover the top the matching die cut sticky note.


Keep stamping and placing the right size die cut sticky note over, so that it looks something like on the right hand side. I recommend to lift the stickers to see where you are at, but dont forget to cover them up before doing a next lot of stampin.


Once a large area has been covered, I trimmed to fit in the front of card.


To add a focal point, I stamped the banner with the text on it twice, once with pink ink and the second with green. The thing with this stamps is that some of them work with two dies, so that you can layer as shown on the right.

I stamped the message which is from the Labels and Journalling clear stamps I designed for Personal Impressions. Then I die cut it using a circle framelit that is 1" (the one included on the Old Labels set is 1").
I used the smallest banner dies to create a kind of ribbon stripe under the circle.


And this is the finished card.

2 comments:

  1. lovely card - I have never thought to sue a round die cut as a mask for a flower - it is a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete