Wednesday 18 July 2012

Scrapbooking layout: Jedi



Hi Everyone,
This week I wanted to show you a 12 x 12 layout I created a few days ago. I love this picture of my son in his bath robe – he looks just like a miniature Jedi from Star Wars :). I edited the photo a bit in Photoshop Elements so that the colours would match nicely to my cream, brown and light blue papers.





Here’s a list of materials I used:

- Big Shot Machine (655268)
- Sizzix On the Edge Die – Townscape (656919)
- Sizzix Movers & Shapers Magnetic Die Set 2PK - Mini Hearts Set (657212)
- Sizzix Bigz Die - Tattered Florals (656640)
- Sizzix Texture Fades Embossing Folders 2PK - Dot-Matrix & Gridlock Set (656649)
- My Mind’s Eye paper Lime twist Fly a kite Genuine collection ‘Sky’
- Studio Calico papers from Classic Calico Collection Vol.2 Paper Pack
- Basic Grey Out of print collection ‘Mish mash’
- Craft Core cardstock by Core’dinations/Tim Holtz
- Kraft glassine paper by Tim Holtz idea-ology
- Cream cardstock
- Basic Grey stitched brad
- Red and blue felt
- Stitching needle, blue mouline thread (blanket stitches around the mini heart)
- 7gypsies Mini Ephemera Vintage tag
- Manilla tag
- American Crafts alpha stickers
- Film strip ribbon by Tim Holtz idea-ology
- Date stamp
- Washi tape
- Double-sided tape (adhering photo and patterned papers)
- Sanding block
- Grey acrylic paint (splashes), brown marker pen
- Sewing machine, white thread


I started with creating the background for my title. I took a piece of blue craft core cardstock, put it in the Dot-Matrix embossing folder and run through Big Shot. Then I grabbed my sanding block and sanded the embossed surface to reveal the craft base colour. Easy!





I wanted to embellish this layout with a die-cut paper flower but did not want the look to get too ‘girly’. Kraft glassine paper from Tim Holtz was a perfect choice of material: It is thin like wax paper, cuts easily with Sizzix dies and scissors and when you crumple it you create a nice effect on the surface. This flower was made in just a few minutes: I cut the flower with Tattered Florals die, crumpled it into a small ball, attached a brad in the middle and the flower embellishment was ready.





With Sizzix Bigz, Originals, and Movers & Shapers dies you can cut every material you can cut with scissors. I cut two small hearts from felt with Movers & Shapers Mini Hearts and attached them to my layout by simply sewing over them. I also cut one mini heart from patterned paper and embellished it with sewing blanket stitches around the edge. If you need help with sewing a blanket stitch make a search in Internet; there are dozens of instruction videos and drawings available.






Thanks for stopping by!

Have a nice week,

No comments:

Post a Comment