Wednesday 25 July 2012

Quick and easy Circle card


Today I would like to share a simple technique on how I make folded cards using framelits.

I love shaped cards but only if either are all four sides shaped, two sides (top and right) or just the one edge. I am weird like that! I can't stand cards that have three edges fancy and then the odd one without it.
Besides, sometimes I like to use really thick card (300gsm) card and to cut two layers of that thickness at once, the framelit may struggle. So cutting two (one at a time) seems like a good idea. Usually I take tow pieces that have been cut with the same die but in this case since I use a framelits set, I decided to change things up.


I die cut two circles using the Framelits plain Circles die set. I decorated the smaller one with a swirl and a leaf, both from Stephanie Barnard stamp and dies sets.


Then I took the larger circle and scored it about 1/2 ".


Added glue to only a small area of the scored flap.


And attached the top on.


Really simple


And it even stands up.

1 comment: