Friday 22 June 2012

Mixed media with Sizzix Luxurious Line

Hi there, it's mixed-media time again!
I found out that Sizzix cut-outs are a great inpsiration for creating more and more exciting mixed-media backgrounds and textures. I love the effects I can get using layers of paint, gesso, paper and wonderful little cut-out elements. Luxurious Collection is full of breathtaking ornaments, decorative motives and beautiful details...it brings to my mind the patterns that were on the old expensive tapestries. What can be more inspiraing for a journal page?


I started my creative adventure with 2 dies: 657745 - Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Filigree Border and 657737 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Ornamental Crest. They are just taken straight from a fairy tale! 
First, I cut out the elements from Prima papers - Fairy Belle Collection (I love the quality of the paper of Prima) and painted the background with gesso.




My next step was sticking the elements, torn into smaller pieces on the background. I used a lot of heavy gel medium to create the texture!




When the gel was still wet I added some beads and other little elements in matching colors. I dried the project with heating tool and placed my photo and text.





Finally - I panted the whole project using shimmering sprays and dried the project again. Thanks to the transparency of gel, the beautiful patterns on the paper cut-outs are still visible!








I hope you liked my idea and you'll make your fingers dirty playing a bit with paint and gesso!
Have fun!
xoxo
Finn


No comments:

Post a Comment