Wednesday 2 May 2012

A Portugal trip



This last weekend I was invited as part of the Sizzix team to teach at Chocolate Quente XL, a consumer event run by Patricia Villa-Boas, owner of Tubo de Ensaio the Sizzix distributor in Portugal.  So here there are some photos.

The members were welcomed to the event with a goodie bag full of craft stuff and the smiles of Susana, Patricia and Rita.


I loved how they made the badges using dies.






The four teachers: Tiffany Smith, Patricia, Teresa Collins and myself.


I taught in the Brownies Room. Me brownies? How did they guessed?


 All ready for the first class, Big Shots, Vintage Cabinet Card, Mini Cabinet Card, Tattered Florals ready.


I was using the new release of My Mind's Eye Papers, Indie chic Saffron. I love it because it is textured and the colours are just beautiful.


This is the project I taught. If I can I will make the tutorial this week on how to make the back box and later on the smaller one too.

All the attendees seemed really happy with their creations, and everyone managed to finish the architectural design without any major mistakes.


Candyland was the shop area. Don't you just love the names given? Cupcake room, Macaroon, Brownie... By the way, the name of the club, Chocolate Quente means Hot chocolate, but it is the Spanish-Portuguese style, pretty much melted chocolate which is heaven.


The food was really nice, as it is always in Portugal. I truly believe that the best standard of food overall in the world is in Portugal. And that is coming from a Spanish person!


Look at this shiny chocolate, it was one of the best things I have EVER eaten. Raspberries and chocolate mousse!


 This is Patricia's project. I loved it! And was lucky enough to get a full set so I can make it at home. It uses the circle and circle scallop Framelits.



Saturday night we had a free raffle. There were so many prizes that made many very happy. Including some prizes from My Minds Eye which were announced via Skype by Sean from My Minds Eye. all the ladies loved him!

I was asked to pick up the numbers for the Sizzix prizes, which were a couple of Framelits sets by Pete Hughes and A Big Shot. They could not have been won by more deserving people, as Rosalia is Pete's number 1 fan, and guess who won the Big Shot Starter kit?


The youngest member of Chocolate Quente, Alfonso who at six (yes six) years old is a great crafter and a very well behaved boy.


And here you have Teresa Collins and Patricia Villa Boas at the very end of the show. It was such a pleasure to work alongside them as well as Tiffany. Such great ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Crafting in Portugal! Yes, this is my idea of heaven AND I have the mini tattered flowers dies but don't know how to use them in my cuttlebug, so think I'm going to have to invest in a Big Shot to get the base tray for those movers and shapers dies and also some Bigz dies, as I do sewing too.
    Are these events available to people outside of Portugal? Like crafting hols in Portugal sort of idea. I can't believe that I'm not the only one who loves the idea of crafting whilst on hols in in the sun :-)

    ReplyDelete