Friday 25 May 2012

Art Journaling with Framelits!

Hi there friends!
I hope you had a wonderful,creative week and your heads are ready for new ideas coming from our great DT here, on Sizzix blog. I'm here with you to show my latest creations with Framelits Dies... there were small forms, there were bigger forms - time for Art Journal, one of my beloved ways of expressing myself. 

As I said few times before - you can't get bored with Sizzix dies! If you only open your eyes you'll find loads of inspiration everywhere! Cutting elements for your projects is funn...but looking through the leftovers is fun too! I saved the pieces of paper from my last cutting...and that's how my journal page was created! 
So, basically I took Sizzix Framelits Die Set - Flowers (657901) and played a bit with cuting elements from plain white cardsock. 

Then I  looked carefully through the leftovers I had - I simply loved the shapes I found! I couldn't stop thinking about using them for creating texture on my journal page, yhinking about how cool they would look like covered with gesso and pain!
So, I just did it - and I LOVE the effect!




Here you can see some close-ups - on this page I used mostly the leftovers toghether with some random paper pieces - the effect is beyond amazing!




And here you can see the smallest flower as a part of the background too - I think it looks just beautiful!




I hope you feel a bit inspired today and you'll take a second look on your paper leftovers now - who knows what treasures you can find there? 
Happy creating!
Finn

1 comment:

  1. Love the effect...love the colors!Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete