Friday 30 March 2012

Playing with textures...

 By Anna Dąbrowska


Hi again! This week I challenged myself to make areally, REALLY small project. I know it may sound funny, but I'm not confident with tiny pieces such as tags, cards or ATCs. I prefer to have more space to play and limitimg myself to only few inches is stressing. But anyway - I did it and I'm quite happy with the result: a set of 2 mixedmedia ATCs.


I wanted to play with texture... and I think Tim Holtz Decorative Strips Dies are very useful for various mixedmedia creations! For my little project I chose:


First od course I gathered all the supplies - ATC chipboards, vintage paper, the cut-out motive, some masking tape... For this project I also use a whole range of mixed-media products: Matte Mod Podge, Light Molding Paste (Golden), Glimmer Mists (Tattered Angels) and Glossy and Crackle Accents (Ranger). 


First I used Mod Podge to glue the vintage paper on my ATC cards. I dried them with heating tool.


Next, using the same medium I glued the cut-out strip (torn into smaller pieces) on one of the cards.


On the second one I created a texture with Light Molding Paste: I covered the card and die cut-out with paste and when it was still wet I removed the cut-out making a negative texture. 




I dried the project again and colored it with sprays: Glimmer Mists in shades of dark blue and green. 


Next I dried it again and filled the texture on the second card with Crackle Accents and Glossy Accents and I used Glossy Accents to stick some acrylic drops to the first one. 



I let it dry and and came later to add some finishing touches. Done!


Here is the final result. 
From the first moment they were made to be a set - and I love how they go toghether!


I hope your heads are loaded with ideas how to use Sizzix dies to create wonderful texture - Have fun with experimenting!
See you soon!
Finn

1 comment: